- 2 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 720g chicken breast cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 spanish onion, quartered, separate out all the layers
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2cm x 2cm piece of fresh ginger cut into matchstick size strips or 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum cut into long strips
- 1 carrot cut into long strips
- 200g of sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch of baby bok choy
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or chinese rice wine
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 4 tbsp raw cashews
Method – Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large wok, add the chicken and toss until just golden. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and carrot and continue to toss for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and keep tossing. Add the cashews and the chicken back into the wok and continue to toss.
- Combine the soy sauce and chinese rice wine and add to the wok, continuing to toss.
- Add the bok choy and toss until it’s just wilted. Remove the wok from the heat and immediately serve into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of lime. Enjoy